Thursday, July 31, 2008

I-Run weekly at IBP

Went to the I-Run at International Business park (IBP) for a 10 km run on Wednesday. Reached at the IBP Atrium at around 1745. Managed to find the I-Run booth and registered as first timer. Meet up with Dreamrunner and some of the Sgrunners' members (I forgotten their nicks).

The warming up session began at around 1805, which was conducted by Maverick. As this was my first time running in the I-Run, i planned to tag along with Dreamrunner (Dreamrunner was leading the run). But the initial pace was too fast for me and i decided to follow the other 10 km runners. Bumped into Ironman dreamer along the Ulu Pandan park connector. Reached the half way point at around 33 mins and i was thinking that the distance shouldn't be 5 km. Managed to finished the run in 65 mins and gotta a 100-plus at the end of the run. Realized the run was around 12 km.


Running Route IBP - around 12 km

The running route was quite straight forward with flat terrain along the canal. Along the route, there is one traffic light which caused us to stop before the traffic light was favourable for us to cross.

Overall, it was a good run for me as i could feel the strains and muscle aches after the run. Will try to join the I-Run on next wed.
Below are more details on I-Run, which is being held in 3 different locations.

I-run weekly
(Organized by HPB)

i) Singapore River Promenade (Tue,Thurs 1830 onwards),

ii) Science Park (Fri),

iii) International Business Park (Wed)

Descriptions by HPB

"Put on your running shoes and join us for i-Run,a new initiative by HPB and SSC to help you set and meet your short-, mid- and long-term fitness goals through running.

Designed for working adults, i-Run provides regular running sessions to improve participants’ physical fitness as well as running clinics to impart relevant knowledge on running techniques and prevention of running injuries.

Encourage your colleagues and employees to work towards incorporating running and physical activity as an integral part of a healthy lifestyle."

Venue

i) Singapore River Promenade (next to UOB Plaza)

ii) Science Park, 87, Science Park Drive, #01-02 Science Hub

iii) JTC Summit Atrium@ International Business Park

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's up to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting more from this web page, and your views are pleasant in favor of new users.

my web blog: nyam.com.ua